Sears Silvertone 5009

Here is an AM radio I picked up from ebay.
It was listed as "for parts not working". The original picture showed it was very dirty. When I got it it had a bunch of problems. It took about 2 days to track them all down. I thought it had silver migration disease in the IF filters (it did not) I recapped it, I had to go through the circuit board and re-solder EVERY component. I had to tighten up and solder the tube sockets, In the process of working on it I broke a very fine wire on the oscillator coil and had to fix that. I replaced a few resistors. I took it apart and cleaned the case with simple green. I did a full alignment, and the only thing left is to fix the melted plastic on top and replace the interlock cord.

No comments: