Refurbishing a Trailer Part II

This weekend we Worked on Creating the new brackets for the leaf springs
We had purchased some brass pipe to use as bushings but we ended up only being able to use one set of them. The 2 leaf springs are not the same. The place for the bushings are different sizes and we were only able to get one set in.
 We had to ream them out after pounding them in place.
I had to order a set of steel bushings for the other side as our options were limited. We could try to drill out the spring steel to use the brass bushings we made, but could not find a place that sold the right size drill, and did not have a lathe to turn down the bushings to fit. I ordered steel bushings because I could not find brass ones with the correct (or even close) Inside and outside dimensions.

No comments: